CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Holland!!! (Part 1)

Well, here are the long awaited pictures of our trip to The Netherlands. We had a blast. I will try to organize these in some sort of a chronological order. Hope you all enjoy them! Our first day. We arrived at 7:40 AM. Big mistake. To avoid "jet leg" the trick is to stay up until your normal bedtime... so that made it a long day for us. This is with Jeroen in Lelystad. Cassie heard there was stores there, and so shopping became the most important objective!

We are in Enkhuizen here. This is a really small community that was declared a city by the reigning monarchy a long time ago.

A Draaiorgel. A street organ that plays random music usually accompanied by a busker clinking a money can to the beat of the music.

Cassie trying herring for the first time! "I would never order it, but would definitely eat it if it was served to me" is the direct quote. She was raised well!

A fun little bridge. My eyes are closed, but that is usually the case in pictures hence I put it up anyway.

Cassie met Opa for the first time. Opa had a great day that day. He recognized Cassie, and spoke english with her almost the whole time!

We went to Muiderslot. This Castle is from the 12th century! How cool is that?

Back to Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat. Or just me locked in the dungeon.

Cass and I in full medieval regalia.

This picture is awesome! Cassie the Jester. I don't even know what to say about it... just sums her up perfectly!

0 comments: