CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, July 2, 2010

Foul Play, Family and Festivities!

Well, again it has been too long since we have last updated! I am now done school until the fall. Hopefully I passed (I find out next week). We have had a very exciting June. Plenty of crazy things have happened from the awful to the wonderful!

We woke up a few weeks ago to our landlord banging on our door at 6 AM. He kindly informed me that while retrieving his paper he noticed someone had damaged our vehicle. Well, needless to say I was very awake, very quickly!

It turns out there is a very kind person out there giving away free boulders. Unfortunately he didn't bother opening the door to our car before depositing it on our front seat. Now we are left with a thoroughly smashed windshield, a damaged dash/ passenger airbag system, and center console. Total loss.

Not much else to do but smile at the thought that someone wanted to give us a boulder!

It's a real beauty no?

I tried to convince Cass that this might be a suitable replacement. Still working on it!

This all turned out to be a great blessing. See, we were trying to sell this vehicle (halfheartedly) and now the kind insurance company would buy it from us. They even gave us what we would have sold it for. So again we are down to one car, but up some money. I feel a little like Jerry Seinfeld "Everything evens out! I'm Even Steven".

The week improved as my Uncle Paul and Aunt Janine came to visit. We had a wonderful time showing them around the island and going to various restaurants! Food is a big thing in our family. We enjoy it. Especially good food! We did everything from showing them our humble abode to taking them to feed the seals. We really did enjoy ourselves with them.

Sidney by the Pier.

At the Oak bay Marina.



Alaskan King Crab and seafood platter for two. Mmmm my mouth is watering just looking at this picture!

Two kinds of amazing sushi! We will treat the next people to come out here and visit us! Act now!!

Seafood linguini.

Dessert!

Paul went broke from this last trip to Canada. He spent his last pennies on some cheap wine and decided to sit down for the evening.

It just so happened that they were here the same weekend as Cassie's Birthday. Being the man I am, I found myself ill prepared for the big day. I thought I had everything... I was wrong. I forgot the candles. So we improvised a little. In the end we had a great little party. We had Dairy Queen cake. Need I say more?

Notice the two 2s from last year. Then we just added a one. 22 plus 1. Ingenious no? (If you said no Cassie agrees)

June really did turn into a month of excitement. At the end we had a little of everything. The foul play (while it was awful) didn't slow us down from enjoying family, nor the thrill of another Birthday feast!

0 comments: